1. Organization is EVERYTHING. Be sure you have enough space and signs directing people to the right area. If you’re using name tags, be sure they are printed before the event and organized alphabetically by last name. Have your sign in sheet ready to go. Map out the path you want guests to take. Think of every last detail you can in order to avoid chaos, especially in a New York City crowd.
2. DO a test run. Don’t underestimate the importance of testing your registration process before the actual event. Go through it yourself, and have someone outside of your staff give it a go. They can give you a fresh perspective, as well as identify anything that may not be working as it should. Put yourself in your attendee’s shoes and focus on functionality, speed and convenience.
3. Hire the right staff. Hiring staff with experience working as registration/greeters will make the whole process MUCH EASIER for you and your attendees.
4. Assign each staff member to a specific task. To make for a more quick and efficient process, have each staff member focus on a key task. For example, have one staff member stand at the beginning of entry to tell attendees to have tickets and IDs ready, then have a 2nd staff member distribute wrist bands or badges, then have a 3rd staff member in charge of signing guests in.
5. Always have an exit plan. Make sure all staff knows ahead of time how to make an entrance into an exit for emergencies and end-of-show foot traffic.
Hopefully these tips will help you can create a more seamless event experience. That means more satisfied attendees—and less stress for you and your staff!
Tapuz Staffing LLC specializes in providing hardworking, friendly, reliable and presentable staff for any event.